Friday, June 29, 2007

I know, I know, running behind....



We're happy, no ecstatic, to say that I had a clean PET scan about two weeks ago. Sorry for not posting it a bit sooner.


Shannon is getting back into soccer on Thursday nights. Yeaaaaahh!! (It's midnight and she's still out for a pint with the old timers from her team as I write.) There is some normalcy reentering our lives. Playing with the kids is getting much better each day. Eating is a little weird for me, smaller meals a little more often. I miss chugging a cold beer on a hot day. Small sacrifice I guess.So I guess it's about time to become a productive member of society again. Any suggestions?


At the time of the diagnosis last year, I was staying home with Molly 3 days a week and doing projects the rest of the time. With the addition of Dave, Kristine and Logan Nixon (cousins from the frigid North,) to the extended household, I've been relieved of my stay-at-home duties. Logan and Molly have a beautiful kind of tug-of-war relationship. Kristine has Ian and Miles developing their craft skills and their listening skills as well. (A work in progress.)


Actually I'm going to get started on a new adventure if my friend will still have me. I've been approached to design and see through the construction of a home for a friend who invested wisely in a little cottage across the street from the water in West Seattle. I have some sketches developed and a lot more to get down on paper. Most of you know that I've carried a passion for Architecture for.......ever.


Wish me luck.Keep in touch, everyone, and we will too.

Dave and Shannon

9 comments:

r said...

Long lapses between posts; must mean you're enjoying life.

So glad things are going well.

I have an idea, why don't you use this blog to show how an idea goes from your head to an entire house? You know, start to finish.

Could even be, perhaps... a book someday?

Just a thought.

Love to you.

Tara Clark said...

So great to read your post. Shannon shared the incredible news w/ me this past weekend and I had chills that wouldn't go away. Truly amazing!!
We really missed you on Saturday but so happy that you were able to get away to enjoy family & friends.
Hope to catch up with you soon and hopefully Shannon told you that you have Labor Day weekend plans on the eastside!!
Enjoy the summer w/ the family!!
Love to you all!

udee said...

Hey !!! I love you !! Sorry I missed you up here in the bay area. I'm so happy things are goin better and better.....and what is this.....you write your own blogs...hmmm. Things must be good = ). Big hugs and kisses to you and the family !!!

udee said...

and...congrats on the house building thing ....thats amazing !!! Yeah !!!!

Anonymous said...

Dave,

It's great to get a report that our prayers have been answered! I had a feeling since we last talked and since you don't post. And even more normalcy is returning! Loved the photo just gotta get you in next time.

We just celebrated "Ty's Turning Two!" party w/ a BBQ, bouncer and gobs of friends today. It was wonderful. Surf's up in Waikiki too so we are beaching it a lot. I hope you think about coming out when it gets colder over there!

See you when we are visiting this summer.

Enjoy your new architectural venture and continue to post from time to time!

Will be in touch.

Love & aloha,

- Anne,David & Ty

Anonymous said...

Dave old buddy so nice to here you are following a passion, Bliss, and skill you have. I have always seen you as a designer of fine arts and encouraged you. The strength you have shown threw all this and the support should be shared with a book. There is so much you have to offer …………I look forward to the Blog and seeing you.
Love you. Ciao Bergamin

Unknown said...

Hey, Dave! Normally I'd say normalcy sucks, go for outside the box and eccentricity every time, but yes, I had to say it is time to be one with your average familyness. Although you and Shannon are so Beyond Average.

Hey, David says that if you pursue the project to call Rex -- he'd be happy to bounce ideas off you.

Watched Best of SNL last night and
saw Belushi's old Samurai Deli sketch -- why do I think of Miles and Ian whenever I hear or see ninja, now?

xo - Lar

Anonymous said...

Dave & Shannon:
Congratualtions...that was very good news to read. The PET is the best indicator for that cancer and a clean one of those is as good as it gets.
I know how difficult it has been...but that is the worst of it.
Be well and perhaps we can talk again some day.
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Dave, Shannon---

Well aware here how big medical crises like this can just flat-out suck the "normalcy" out of you. I hope you guys are taking care of each other...the kids will do fine as they have each other and many others looking over them.

Happy to be a reliever if you need it as some point.

Good wishes from Sacramento,

Carl